Hamachi , Kingfish , Yellow Tail .....

Today I started with a new colleague. We had a pretty rough week, with some problems with one of my female employé. The result was that she had to take a "BREAK" So it was a bit difficult to get my workschedule fullfilled. Luckily we managed, all of the remaining staff had to work more and make more hours. I wanted the new colleague to get fast on track so I started with her today and guide in person.

She's a mature women , hard worker with great social skills. My customers likes her already! , that relieves me a lot.

Then this American lady,  who came in as my first customer of the day. She was longing for our Hamachi she said. According to her ; our Hamachi is the best she ever tasted. Well I thought , I thought , I thought ......I forgot what I was thinking. Oh yes , I was thinking ; WHY....'cause I know that my suplier get the fish from an importer. And all the supliers in Holland gets their hamachi from this importer.

Yes , then... what is our secret?    Could it be..........well...........I'm not sure , could it be the
"ATTENTION' . This could be the answer, 'cause we really give a lot attention to a death fish. Perfectly fresh fish is ??????? a live fish. Is it ? One of the fact is that even a fresh fish the meat is in its finest when it has matured for a while after its death. Maturing time depends on the weight of the fish.

To me a death fish is still alive. The natural fat of fish is something very remarkable, it makes and breaks the interest to the fish. Temperature is one of the key points. that should stay between 0-1 degree. Second is the container, it should be airtight. Third point is the whiping of the oil which seperates and you can use baking paper to put the fish on. All this helps to preserve the fish. If you do it this way the fish can easily keep fresh for 4 days.



Reacties